Why to Invest in Usti
- The city has a strategic vision for its future and it is advancing this vision in a purposeful way.
- According to its number of inhabitants (approximately 93,040 in 2017), Ústí is the eighth largest city in the Czech Republic and it is the natural industrial, administrative, commercial, cultural and educational centre of north-western Bohemia.
- Ústí is the seat of the Ústí Region and one of the administrative centres for the NUTS II territorial unit, which is home to more than 1 million citizens.
- The city has an advantageous location near the border with the Federal Republic of Germany/the Free State of Saxony. The city lies at the crossroads of significant trans-European transport routes. The connection to the European transport network here makes the city a logistics hub of superregional significance.
- There a number of options for using state investment incentives and regional and local business support programs.
- The city has a modern network of technical infrastructure, roads, railway sidings and public transport.
- The city is home to a number of significant institutions in the public, banking and private sectors.
- The traditional industrial sector is undergoing restructuring and as such this has given rise to a high quality and economically advantageous source of available labour for new companies and investors.
- The city offers the option of building in newly created development areas and the use of the available industrial zones and buildings.
There are a number of attractive and easily accessible recreational areas and facilities of superregional significance (bodies of water, skiing terrain for downhill and cross-country skiing, historical monuments, suitable conditions for hiking and cycling in the picturesque landscape of the Bohemian Massif and the Elbe valley) in the city and its environs.