This matter is handled by:
The Municipality Council of Ústí nad Labem, Collection Department, Velká Hradební 8, Postal Code 401 00, 2nd floor - entrance from Lidického náměstí Square.
tel.: 475 271 575, 475 271 594, 475 271 596, 475 271 656, 475 271 396
Office hours at the Collection Department:
Monday 8:00–11:00 a.m. 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00–11:00 a.m. 1:00–3:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00–11:00 a.m. 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00–11:00 a.m.
Full text of the situation description:
Starting on 1 January 2023, the General Binding Decree No. 3/2022 on the local fee for the municipal waste management system in the territory of the City of Ústí nad Labem (hereinafter referred to as "the Decree" and "the fee") comes into force.
The fee for 2023 is payable by natural persons registered in the municipality of Ústí nad Labem (ÚL) and owners of immovable property comprising an apartment, a family house or a building for family recreation in which no natural person is registered and which is located in the territory of ÚL.
- CZK 720 per person/per calendar year
- CZK 360 citizens from 65 years of age per person/per calendar year
- CZK 720 per property /per calendar year (applies to natural persons and legal entities) including an apartment, family house or a building for family recreation, where no natural person is registered and which is located in the territory of the Statutory City of Ústí nad Labem
Fee due date for 2023
- the fee is payable in two equal instalments by 30 June 2023 and by 31 October 2023 (in the following years by 30 April and 31 October); the fee can also be paid in one lump sum by 30 June 2023 and in the following years by 30 April at any time after 1 January of the given calendar year
For the purposes of the fee, the registration of a natural person shall be deemed to be:
- registration of permanent residence under the Population Registration Act,
- notification of the place of residence pursuant to the Act on the Stay of Foreigners in the Czech Republic, the Act on Asylum or the Act on Temporary Protection of Foreigners, if the foreigner is a foreigner who has been granted permanent residence, who has been temporarily residing in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months, who is an applicant for international protection or a person tolerated in the territory pursuant to the Act on Asylum or an applicant for temporary protection pursuant to the Act on Temporary Protection of Foreigners, or who has been granted international protection or is a foreigner enjoying temporary protection of foreigners.
Fee payers, owners of immovable property (natural and legal persons) including an apartment, a family house, or a building for family recreation, in which no natural person is registered to stay and at the same time this property is located in the territory of the city of Ústí nad Labem, have a reporting obligation to the following the given application form.
In relation to the reporting obligation or claim for exemption, the fee administrator has issued Application forms:
The payer is obliged to report to the fee administrator no later than 15 days from the date their obligation to pay arises (or changes or terminates) of their fee obligation, for the first time by 15 January 2023.
Payers who qualify for exemption under the Decree must file a Notice of Claim for Exemption with appropriate supporting documentation. If the payer does not fulfil the obligation to declare the information relevant for the exemption within the time limit set by the Decree, the entitlement to the exemption shall cease.
Fee payment method:
By wire transfer from a bank account, by postal money order, by cash or credit card at the cash desk of the Collection Department, or by the QR code indicated (the fee administrator will not send out receipts).
bank account number of the fee recipient (the City of ÚL).: 882833329/0800
- natural person registered in the municipality (except foreigners) - birth ID number
- owner of the immovable property: generated VS
(will be assigned after the reporting obligation is fulfilled)
- foreigners: generated VS
(to be assigned)
Please note that the fee is now payable individually for each payer. According to the Local Tax Act, it is no longer possible to make payments for more than one person through a common representative.
E.g. a household with two members will have to make two payments (for each household member separately)
Exemptions and concessions from the fee under the Decree:
A person is exempt from the fee according to Act No. 565/1990 Coll., on local fees, whose fee obligation arose due to registration in the city and who is:
- a payer of a fee for the disposal of municipal waste from immovable property in another municipality and resides in that other municipality,
- placed in a children's home for children under 3 years of age, a school facility for the performance of institutional or protective education or a school facility for preventive educational care on the basis of a court decision or contract,
- placed in a facility for children in need of immediate assistance on the basis of a court decision, at the request of the municipal authority of the municipality with extended jurisdiction, the legal representative of the child or minor,
- placed in a home for the disabled, a home for the elderly, a home with a special regime or sheltered housing, or
- restricted by law in their personal liberty, except for a person serving a sentence of house arrest
Additional exemption for persons who have incurred the fee obligation due to registration in the municipality:
- Children (up to 18 years of age)
- persons with third degree disability
- a person permanently residing outside the Czech Republic for more than 1 year
- a person who is exempted from the fee because of the ownership of a building for family recreation in which no natural person is registered and which is located in the territory of the Statutory City of Ústí nad Labem
50% concession on the annual charge:
- is granted to a person for whom the obligation to pay arose because of registration in the municipality and who has reached the age of 65 years or more in the given calendar year, the total charge is CZK 360; these persons are not subject to the reporting obligation, the fee administrator has the following information about these persons available
Completed and signed Application Forms can be submitted in person to the fee administrator, via the Czech Post or electronically:
- a submission made by a data message sent via a databox (does not have to be signed with a recognised electronic signature),
- submissions made by data message sent to the e-Post Office must be signed with a recognised electronic signature,
- a submission made by data message sent to the MMA e-office, which is not signed by a recognised electronic signature, must be confirmed in writing or orally in a protocol with the handwritten signature of the submitter, confirmed by a recognised electronic signature or confirmed via a databox, no later than 5 days from the date on which the submission was received by the e-office
In case of any doubts, you can contact the fee administrator, the Municipal Council of Ústí nad Labem, Financial Department, Collection Department, Velká Hradební 8, 401 00, second floor - entrance from Lidického náměstí Square, tel. 475 271 575, 475 271 594, 475 271 656, 475 271 596, 475 271 396
If the payer has arrears for municipal waste recorded for previous years, any payment received from the payer to the account of the Collection Department in 2023 (and subsequently in subsequent years) will be used in priority to cover the payer's arrears from previous years. The order of payment is determined by the Tax Code, Act No. 280/2009 Coll. Section 152, as amended.