Blansko Castle Ruins
The ruins of Blansko castle are situated on a woody basalt hill around 6 kilometers away from Usti nad Labem. The castle was first mentioned in the year 1401 under the name of Blankenstein. Since the beginning of the 15th century it was a po-ssession of the Vartenberks. At the end of the 16th century the administrative seat was transferred from Blansko to the Krasne Brezno chateau. The castle was then used as a prison and since the Thirty Year War it was dilapidating. Today, the place is but remains of the castle palace, bastions and tower.
The castle platform offers a perfect circular view of the Czech Highland, Lusatian Mountains and Tiské Stěny (Tisá Rock Walls).